Using this Site
- Full text search: Use the header search field on the top right of the page. Type key words and click on the GO button. It searches all documents of the site, including the proceedings of each workshop meeting.
- Submitted Texts Database: This database contains information for texts discussed at the different workshop meetings as they were submitted by the presenters. The search results provide a link to the appropriate pages.
- Early Modern Period Database: This is a bibliographic database that includes journal articles, books, thesis, manuscripts and online resources for this period. It was developed by Wesleyan University in collaboration with The Center for Online Judaic Studies (COJS)
- Jewish History Overview: Click on the "Jewish History" link in the horizontal navigation to browse an overview of Early Modern Jewish history. Search this resource independently by using the "Jewish History Overview" search box on the "Resources" page.
Longer videos may take several seconds to start playing. Your browser requires the QuickTime plugin.
- Users of Internet Explorer might experiences display problems with certain sections of the site. Rest assured that we are working hard to resolve these problems. While we do so, may we recommend using the Firefox browser for PC and either Safari, Camino or Opera for Mac.
- Certain Yiddish characters may not be displayed properly in some browsers. As an example Safari users will notice a question mark like symbol when reading the Benjamin Slonik (1577) original text.